Times change – but just slightly. It was unthinkable to see girl in pants, or without a lipstick, corset, particularly a bra, driving a tram, or even a plane and to be a boss of a company or to devote her career to science instead of family and children. However, ladies’ manners did not change much. Every woman who cares about herself, pays attention to her behavior even when she is changing circuits in her flat or tires on the car. Even today there are parents who hire etiquette teachers for their children, who teaches them how to behave in various situations: how to walk, hold a teacup, speak, sit, even how to look. If you care about labels and ladies’ manners, here’s a little reminder:
1. Ladies are always perfectly neat – clean hands and nails, healthy teeth, clean and combed hair, neat clothes without stains and with all buttons on it.
2. A real lady is not a fashion slave – it is important to have your own style, to imbed colors, materials and pieces of clothing so nothing sticks out, and that she does not look like girls around her and adjust clothes to the age.
3. Respect yourself and your time, but respect others and their time too – being responsible, not being late and doing your obligations on time are virtues.
4. Ladies do not shout, say bad words, swear, make silly faces… – They do not attract attention like that, they do it with their equanimity, calmness, courtesy, kindness… Elegance, not aggression.
5. Toss a smile and try to be happy even when you are not – why should everybody know that you are not in the mood because you woke up in the bad mood? Life is better with a smile and solving problems is easier. So, do not be blue, be happy and always smile!
6. Every lady has to take care of her body, and also the spirit – old proverb says “a sound mind, in a sound body”, so take a sport, read, draw, sing, dance, watch movies, go to the theatre… In other words – live a quality, healthy and cultured life. And learn, learn, learn all life long. That is a cure against boredom, brain food, and recipe for being a healthy lady even when you get older.