Are you a fan of eating? I know I am. Well, what if we told you about food that tends to make you happier? Wouldn’t that be awesome? There’s many times during a day that we go through bad mood and we usually eat when we are in a bad mood or are bored and mostly it’s junk food. Junk food tends to deteriorate one over a period of time so let’s put that aside for now. Here are ten different food items you can eat to make yourself happy even when you’re in the worst of your moods. The following list of foods can also help you when you’re bored so make sure you stock them really well in your homes.
9. BLUE POTATOESBlue potatoes are not all the easy to find. Nonetheless, they contain powerful antioxidants called ‘anthocyanins’. These antioxidants help in preventing the inflammation in the human brain and they also help with the sharpening of your short-term memory. If you eat the peel, that contains iodine and iodine helps with thyroid gland.
8. MUSSELSMussels have very few calories and low levels of fat. They include protein, iodine, selenium, Vitamin B12 and Zinc. Iodine is a substance that helps to maintain the thyroid gland which in turn helps to keep your mood and weight quite balanced. Zinc and Selenium aid in the process and the Vitamin B12 will strengthen your brain cells which in turn will sharpen the brain. One thing to know is that you should always prefer farmed mussels rather than the wild ones. They’re always healthier.
7. DARK CHOCOLATEDark chocolate is one of the best things ever created and it has benefits that you cannot find in milk. Dark chocolate will improve the blood circulation to the brain which means a healthier brain. An improved circulation also means that your mood will lighten up and you will feel more energetic. If you go with a few ounces of dark chocolates every day you will be able to feel the impact.
6. GREEK YOGURTOne of the main benefits of eating Greek yogurt is its very high levels of Calcium. It actually has higher levels of Calcium than milk. Calcium, apart from strengthening the bones, helps the brain to release neurotransmitters that induce happiness in a person. Greek yogurt has more protein than the normal yogurt and proteins as you might already know, help in reducing weight. So, the people who are obese, attention please.
5. ASPARAGUSI’ll be honest here and let you know that I hate Asparagus. But that does not mean that it is unhealthy. Asparagus contains very high levels of Folate and Tryptophan. Lower levels of these two substances tend to cause depression. Therefore a healthy diet of asparagus can definitely prevent that from happening. Also, Tryptophan is one of the main neurotransmitters that is used by the brain to stabilize your mood. You should know that turkey is also a very good source of Tryptophan. I love turkey so I get my share of Tryptophan from there.
4. HONEYHoney is something that I find very delicious and nutritious and I’m sure you will agree with me. Honey is way better than the sugar we eat. What makes honey even better is the fact that it contains kaempferol and quercetin. Both of these substances help in preventing depression by reducing the inflammation in your brain. These substances are also responsible in keeping your brain healthy. Normal sugar makes your body store fat by disturbing the sugar level in your blood. Honey does not have this sort of effect and therefore would help at keeping your weight in check.
3. CHERRY TOMATOESEvery kind of tomato has something in them that goes by the name ‘lycopene’. This particular substance is very important for a healthy brain because it keeps the brain from swelling up and also protects it. Lycopene is essentially an oxidant. One thing you should understand is that anything that helps keep the brain healthy will generally tend to make you feel happier. Plus cherry tomatoes are bite-size so you can just keep a bowl full of them at the table and have one every now and then.
2. EGGSI know most of you squinted at the thought of eating eggs but eggs fuel happier moods. They contain Zinc, Vitamin B, Omega-3, Iodine, Fatty Acids and essential proteins. They are a very good source of energy and the reason they’re had in breakfast is because they can keep you going for a longer time without feeling hungry. Also, for obese people, you should know that according to a study, people who ate more eggs in the morning tend to lose more weight than people who don’t eat eggs in the morning so you might want to try those.
1. COCONUTSurprising as it might sound, coconuts do in fact make it to the very top of our list of happy foods. True enough, coconuts are usually found in desserts which are unhealthy but nonetheless, coconuts have medium-chain triglycerides. These are special fats that are very healthy for the brain and normally promote lighter moods. One thing you should know is that while coconuts themselves are healthy, coconut milk is not so try staying away from it.
There you go folks, this was our list of top ten foods that will aid in improving your mood. Rest assured that ice cream does not help in any way. Yeah it is sweet and they always show how people eat ice cream when they are upset but take it from us, it doesn’t help. Let us know in the comments what you think and what healthy foods make you feel happy.